ONE ISLINGTON PLAZA LIVERPOOL
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT IN THE LIVERPOOL KNOWLEDGE QUARTER
IDEAL FOR BOTH UNDERGRADUATE AND MATURE STUDENTS
· En-suites From £62,995
· Studios From £74,995
· 8% Net Yield Less Ground Rent of £350 per year
· Income Guaranteed For 3 Years
· Fully Furnished
· Managed By Urban Student Life
· Gym, Games Room, Cinema Room, Laundry and 24 Hr Reception with CCTV
· On site Coffee Shop
· Located 100m From Liverpool Hope University
· 700m From Lime St Station
· Situated in the heart of the £1 Billion Knowledge Quarter
· Completion Q3 2018
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT
The scheme will offer 317 studio and en suite clusters, ideal for both undergraduate and mature students. The en suite units will have a power shower, study desk, double bed, flat-screen TV and high-speed broadband.
Residents living in en suite units will enjoy fully fitted communal kitchens. The studio apartments will have the same facilities as the en suites along with a private kitchen.
The on-site coffee shop managed by local independent roaster Crosby Coffee will be a major selling point for the development. The deli will offer grab-and-go breakfast options, and the on-site retail unit will make it easy for students to pick up essentials.
There will be flat-screen TVs throughout the communal areas, as well as a cinema room and a games room with pool tables, foosball, ping pong and game stations.
There will also be a laundry room, ample secure cycle storage facilities and a gymnasium for residents’ exclusive use.
As security is of paramount importance, One Islington Plaza will enjoy a 24-hour reception with CCTV covering all communal areas.
Private student accommodation continues to outperform all other forms of property investment in the UK.
With low entry prices, stable returns and low void periods, it’s one of the most lucrative ways to expand your portfolio.
Plus, there is zero stamp duty payable on all student properties.
Although most first-year students secure university-owned accommodation, others need to look elsewhere.
This results in more than 70% of students in university towns renting privately – and they’re demanding convenient locations, quality furnishings and on-site amenities.
This offers you a compelling investment opportunity
Large En Suites from £62,995
Large Studios from £74,995
8% Assured Rental Return for 3 Years
100m from the University
Next to the Royal University Hospital Liverpool’s Leading Student Developer
In the Heart of the £1 Billion Knowledge Quarter
· Liverpool Hope University City Campus ⇒ 100m
· New £335m Royal University Hospital ⇒ 400m
· Liverpool University ⇒ 500m
· LJMU Byrom Street Campus ⇒ 700m
· Lime Street Station ⇒ 700m
· New £100m LJMU Campus ⇒ 600m
· Liverpool Central Station ⇒ 900m
· Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA) ⇒ 1km
· Liverpool ONE Shopping Centre ⇒ 1.2km
The Knowledge Quarter is the area Liverpool City Council is developing as an academic hub. It’s already home to the University of Liverpool, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool Hope University and Liverpool John Moores University.
This enormous project is called Paddington Village, and it will cover 30 acres behind Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
The development plans are ambitious, to say the least. There will be an array of new houses, businesses, conference space, laboratories and academic buildings, and there’s also talk of a skyscraper and a train station.
Knowledge Quarter CEO Colin Sinclair told the Liverpool Echo that thousands of new jobs could be created via Paddington Village.
‘This is a landmark, a historic moment in the future of Liverpool…When that kind of investment is being made, you can really say to any investor from around the globe that Liverpool is a city of opportunity.
It’s a steep change. We’re not dabbling around the edges here. We’re trying to create something that is lasting for the city.’
Phase 1 of Paddington Village is likely to begin in 2017.
Liverpool is at the centre of the UK’s second largest regional economy with access to six million customers, an economy worth more than £121 billion and 252,000 businesses.
Liverpool has been experiencing phenomenal growth over the last few years and is set to grow even further over the next 10 to 20 years.
The city has secured a significant number of regeneration projects including the £350 million L2 Superport, £150 million Project Jennifer, £260 million Anfield Stadium Regeneration, £1 billion Liverpool ONE Shopping Centre and the £5.6 billion Liverpool Waters.
In addition to this, the population of young professionals and students is growing as the city attracts people from all over the world. In 2012 there were 57 million visitors to Liverpool, supporting over 50,000 jobs. Liverpool is now seen as a great place to stay and is ranked 5th for overseas visitors.
Proportionally, the city has the highest number of overseas students. The city also has one of the best environments for students in the UK, ensuring it will remain a popular student location for the foreseeable future, despite any external economic situations.
IN MARCH 2016, CONSUMER ORGANISATION ‘WHICH?’ NAMED LIVERPOOL THE MOST AFFORDABLE BUY-TO-LET HOTSPOT.
With nearly 70,000 full-time students and tenant demand projected to increase due to extensive regeneration.
University of Liverpool ⇒500m
· 7,000 international students in a total of 22,000.
· Ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide
· Investing £600 million in its facilities
Liverpool John Moores University ⇒700m
· 25,000 students from 11 countries, 250 degree courses
· Building a new £100 million campus in the Knowledge Quarter
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine ⇒350m
· More than 500 students from 60 countries. Ranked in the UK’s top 10 for research
· £23 million state-of-the-art infectious disease centre and £200 million research portfolio
Royal Liverpool University Hospital ⇒400m
· £335 million new teaching hospital Affiliated with the University of Liverpool.
· High demand anticipated for affordable accommodation nearby from student doctors and nurses
Liverpool Hope University ⇒100m
· With 7,000 students from 67 countries.
· £200 million new creative and performing arts campus in the Knowledge Quarter.
IMAGE GALLERY – ONE ISLINGTON PLAZA